Web Site Design and Development Agreement
This agreement outlines both what you as the client can expect from me and what the team at Digital Land can expect from you.
Description of Work
The purpose of this project is to create a professional, modern and user-friendly website for your business. This will be achieved with the work as outlined below:
Web Design & Development
The new website design and development package will include the following:
• A design that reflects the work of your brand
• A Content Management System (WordPress) to update content without knowledge of web coding. The Content Management System will allow you to:
• Add/Delete/Edit text and images within the content pages (and blog posts)
• Add/Delete/Edit menus and submenus
• Add/Delete/Edit content pages
• Update the items on your sidebar
• Photo Gallery for displaying images of events, etc. The photo gallery will allow you to:
• Add/Delete/Edit images
• Create and display new galleries
• Set-up of pages and upload content
• A newsletter sign-up box to collect customer email addresses (using MailChimp service)
• Social media sharing icons displayed on pages and posts (if desired)
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO) friendly pages
• Google Analytics Integration (free website statistics)
• Training manual to learn how to use the Content Management System to make changes to the site
• Written instructions for using the Content Management System
Any work not described above will be quoted separately.
The project as described above in the description of work will be completed within 7 to 14 days assuming you are available to provide feedback to Digital Land on a daily basis. Each day you are unavailable to provide feedback may push the project completion date back by one day. Failure to submit required information or materials as outlined below may cause delays in the production. Please provide additional time for client feedback.
You will provide support for fixing website bugs (not caused by you) and answering questions related to how to use the new website for 30 days after website launch at no additional cost.
The following is a list of needed materials to start the project:
• List of 3 or more sample websites with what you like and dislike about the site (navigation, layout, color scheme, etc.)
• High resolution logo
• All content to be included on site pages (including blog posts)
• Menu items (home, about us, services, programs, contact us, etc.) and submenu items
• Any images to be used in the design of the website, if any
• All images for the photo gallery and list of categories for photo gallery
• Newsletter information
• Google Analytics account information (if currently in use)
• FTP & hosting account information
A 50% deposit for the web design and development work is due at the start of the project. The remaining balance is due immediately upon website completion and upload to your server.
Fees & Additional Services
Any work which is not specified in the description of work above will be considered an additional service and will require a separate agreement and payment from what is included in this agreement. Excessive change requests will be charged separately at the hourly rate of $99.
Digital Land may disclose confidential information one to the other to facilitate work under this Agreement. Such information shall be so identified in writing at the time of its transmittal, and shall be safeguarded and not disclosed to third parties by the receiving party.
Permissions and Releases
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Digital Land against all claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to materials included in the Work at the request ofor which no copyright permission or previous release was requested or uses which exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a permission or release.
Either party may terminate this Agreement by giving 30 days written notice to the other of such termination. If work is postponed or terminated at the request, then Digital Land shall have the right to bill pro rata for work completed through the date of that request, while reserving all rights under this Agreement. If additional payment is due, this shall be payable within thirty days of your written notification to stop work. In the event of termination, Digital Land shall own all rights to the Work. you shall assume responsibility for all collection of legal fees necessitated by default in payment.